You Don't Practice Enough
Why do so many real estate agents insist on practicing their skills on buyers and sellers? Wouldn't it be better to be prepared in those incredibly important situations?
I know, I know, you learn through your experience. This is true, but there is a lot that you can practice with colleagues before losing listings and confusing buyers. So round up some other agents and get to practicing these skills:
- The pre-listing interview
- The pre-listing packet
- The in-person listing consultation
- Preparing and presentation a comparative market analysis (CMA)
- Handling pricing objections
- Handling commission objections
- Negotiating skills
- Following up with potential sellers
- The buyer interview and consultation
- Showing a home
- Post-showing questions and follow up
- Staying in flow with your database and your marketing program
- Your mindset and accountability
- Your business plan
See, there is A LOT that can be done before getting in front of a customer. Put in the practice and you will be extremely thankful you did.
Watch the video for much more detail. If you have any questions about setting up practice sessions, let me know.